The committee at Science London is currently being re-formed, so there are many roles available!
Committee members are paid an annual honorarium to cover the time and effort that the role requires.
HOW TO APPLY: If you are interested in any of these roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a short (200-300 word) description of why you would like to get involved as well as any experience that you have.
We are looking for a secretary to join the core Science London team. The role entails the following:
- Organising and taking minutes at regular meetings
- Co-ordinating other committee members where necessary
- Taking the lead on social media strategy and in-organisation communication.
Events and Production Officer
We are looking for an emerging science and/or creative producer who can lead the operations and logistics of our events to ensure they are as great as possible. The role entails the following:
- Venue research and booking
- Liaising with speakers and contributors
- Leading on event strategy
- Delivering on the day and co-ordinating other contributors.
Science London wants all of our activity to be directly related to issues facing scientists and researchers today. We are recruiting for a researcher who:
- Will help to steer SL’s activity
- Ensure all activity is applicable in their field of research and research more generally
- Will be proactive in terms of potential collaborations and partnerships
- Will spread the word of our work in their research communities.
Our work at Science London specifically aims to change science and research environments such that they become less exclusive and more aware of the ways that they might exclude individuals without even trying to, and thus more able to prevent this happening in the future. Our diversity officers will be crucial in holding the team to account on our joint mission to change science for the better. We are very open to different working approaches for this role so do not have any specific outlines of your activity.